With the current garbage video making the rounds about Warren by some… (well…I can’t think of words I can say as a Christian to describe what I think of this guy) called Todd Friel (The Way of the Master Radio), I thought this would more accurately reflect on the views of Rick Warren than a cut & paste video hatchet job.
Rick Warren listed:
10 THINGS I’VE LEARNED ABOUT PREACHING ON PURPOSE
- All behavior is based on a belief. We do what we do (good or bad) because we believe something about the behavior.
- When we sin we think that is the best decision in the moment. When you figure out the lie behind the behavior you will be a better preacher.
- Change always starts in your mind.
- To help people change we must change their beliefs first. The battle of sin always starts with helping people to see the lie they believe. You must expose the lie.
- Trying to change people’s behavior without changing their beliefs is a waste of time.
- We need to lead people to repentance. Repentance is simply getting people to change their mind. Repentance is another term for a paradigm shift. "Metanoia" means to change your mind; it is not change you’re behavior.
- You don’t change people’s minds; the applied word of God does change their minds.
- Changing the way I act is the result or fruit of repentance.
- The "deepest" kind of preaching is preaching for repentance.
- To produce lasting life change: enlighten the mind, engage the emotions, and challenge the will.