Group Coaching on Conflict
Many days it doesn’t seem like it, but yes, it is indeed possible …
You Truly CAN Move from Victim to Victorious
in Dealing with Church Conflict.
Friend in ministry:
How Much of This Sounds Familiar to You?
- You dread elders (or board) meetings because of the deep seated conflict between members.
- Because of conflict, another family has pulled away from active involvement in the church
- You seem to always be playing referee between quarrelling staff members or lay leaders.
- The conflict that began before your ministry tenure is eating up your ministry as well.
- It seems that every other unchurched person in your community “used to attend” the church you now serve, but left due to conflict.
- You are about to become part of the 78% of ministers who are let go from their ministries at one time or another in their career because of internal church conflict.
Ministries are ended and many, many people are drifting away
permanently due to unresolved conflict in the church.
It Doesn’t Have to Be that Way!
- View conflict as a way to solve problems in a way that honors God and offers benefits to those involved.
- Understand when conflict is an opportunity and when it is simply destructive.
- Prolong your ministry without becoming another conflict statistic.
- Reduce conflict by understanding the differences between facts, methods, goals and values.
- Deal with triangulation
- Understand the real causes of conflict instead of its presumed causes.
- Know when Christian mediation should be employed.
- Know how to use conflict instruments to help leaders understand how each one on the team approaches differences.
From my thirty years in ministry, I am VERY aware of the possibilities of conflict growing from a discontented seed to an all-consuming and all-destroying fire. Having been in churches where conflict was handled poorly as well as in churches where conflict was transformed into united action have taught me a great deal about people and processes.
Out of the woundedness of the destructive times and the fulfillment of the wholesome times I have gained a great deal of insight in how to deal (and how NOT to deal!) with conflict in the church. Over time, specific principles began to appear that healthy churches employ, but unhealthy churches ignore.
That is why I have designed a coaching group that deals exactly with these matters. It is a group where we challenge one another to set specific goals for where we need to go in ministry, but also to grow from input from one another and from a certified professional coach.
I am calling this coaching group:
How to Move from Victim to Victorious in Dealing with Church Conflict!
Who Is This For?
Why Group Coaching?
How Will This Work?
- You will meet with me and the rest of the group by phone every week beginning on May 3 for 90 minutes from 12:00-1:30 p.m. Pacific Time (that’s 3:00-4:30 pm Eastern). You will receive the number & log in information on how to access the group conference line prior to the first session.
- The program will last six sessions and will run from May 3 through June 7, 2012. I have worked hard to have this complete prior to the beginning of church camp and summer vacation season.
- You (if you are willing) will receive individual coaching every week not only from me but from the peer group that is assembled on the call.
- You will pick a particular area that you want to focus on and set at least one goal in that area. Some examples might be (there are many, many more possibilities…)
- To handle one conflict situation in a new way this next week
- To give your leaders the conflict inventory we will learn about in the calls and help them understand how better to approach one another when conflict arises.
- Discuss the possibility of Christian mediation with a key leader this next week if you have an especially intransigent problem.
- To plan out this next month, a series of lessons or a series of sermons on the biblical models of effectively handling conflict in the church. That can help not just our church, but the marriages and friendships in our community.
- To introduce the concept of fair fighting versus dirty fighting in one group or counseling situation this week.
- And on, and on, and on…
What Is the Investment?
- If you were to do this as individual coaching with me for an equivalent amount of time, the cost would be at least $1,125.00. (and I am well below the average in my fees for professional coaching).
- Workshops and seminars that are NOT geared toward your personal goals and situations often cost $500, $800, $1,000 or more.
- What would it be worth to you to lead a church where conflict was responded to in a healthy and speedy manner?
- What would it be worth to you to not have this current ministry end in heartache for you, your church and your family and have to endure a move to another church?
The investment for this three-month group coaching program is ONLY $197. (Gold Level)
You can sign-up for the three months of group coaching PLUS three 30-minute INDIVIDUAL coaching sessions for an investment of only $397. (Platinum Level)
(In either case, payment plans can be made available).
There Are Additional Huge Bonuses!
I truly believe that you will find this group coaching program “How to Move from Victim to Victorious in Dealing with Church Conflict” an incredible value!
But because I want to make sure that you participate in this, I want to offer you at no additional charge:
- Weekly worksheet/action sheet to record the incredible insights that you will gain from the sessions, plus the actions you are committing to take to reach your individual goal! ($30 value)
- An audio copy of my teleseminar, “12 Specific Actions for Managing Conflict in Your Church” ($49.99 value)
- Accountability partners or triads-you will have the opportunity to link up with another pastor or two and link arms to help one another reach your goals. (Priceless!)
My Unconditional, No-Questions-Asked 100% Money-Back Guarantee:
Cal, I have Some Questions:
Time is of the essence.
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
That is about it! I will then be in contact with you with details about the first call, how to call the conference call line, any pre-work you need to do, etc.
I REALLY look forward to seeing you as a part of this coaching group: How to Move from Victim to Victorious in Dealing with Church Conflict.
Wishing you the best in success and in life,
Remember the bonuses!!
- PLUS, an audio copy of my teleseminar, “12 Specific Actions for Managing Conflict in Your Church” ($49.99 value)
- PLUS, the opportunity to link up with another pastor or two as accountability partners or triads in order to link arms to help one another reach your goals!